Wednesday 1 February 2017

21 K, Here We Come!

Well, hello!

Yes, yes, it's been a while. In my defense, there really hasn't been much to talk about since last October but I will do my best to catch you up.

Let me see...what have I been up to since the Cape....

First of all, I did not punch Pete Soucy in the face and I hold no ill will towards him (anymore). I went on vacation and gained five pounds. Then it was Christmas and I gained another five pounds.

That's pretty much it. Oh, and I did some running. 5k here and there but nothing too strenuous. Then I signed up for another half marathon. Or three.

Some PRC members decided on another destination race, this year in Hamilton. Sugar registered for his 3rd full marathon and I chose the half. Well, I didn't really choose it, it more or less chose me. It was a sort of naturally occurring registration. No other distances were even considered. Well, maybe the full for a brief insanity ridden second, but that moment passed with surprising speed.

After registration the next step was to think about a training schedule. I still had my calendar from the Maritime Race Weekend, so I modified that to fit the dates leading up to Hamilton. Snap, Crackle and Pop were unsure about travelling for a race this year but they all wanted to register for the Huffin Puffin Half so naturally I agreed to run that half as well. The HP is seven weeks before Hamilton and I figure it will be a good indicator of how things will go in Ontario.

I modified our training schedule again to work with the HP and noticed that the USR falls into our new time frame. If we are going to run this race again (which we are) we might as well do the half instead of the 10k.

So there you have it. I've committed to three half marathons this year. Goodbye Christmas weight.

Our training begins this week, which is why I decided it's time to start blogging again. It keeps me accountable and more likely to run. The training plan we have will keep us going all summer. You might think it's a bit earlier to start training for something in June, but if you've read any of the previous blogs, you'll know that we don't train like regular runners. For example, here is our schedule for this week:


Slow and steady is how we roll. Or run.

21 k, here we come!



No comments:

Post a Comment