Tuesday 2 August 2016

I'm Not Sure What Just Happened

I'm not sure what just happened.

One minute I'm scarfing down a bag of Nibs while watching Ice Age: Collision Course with my kids and the next thing I know I'm looking at the confirmation of my registration for the Cape to Cabot.

What did I just do?

I blame Lori. She decided that running her first 5K, 8K, 10K, Tely and half marathon wasn't enough accomplishment for one year and added the C2C to her list. She was panicking all day and suggested I do the race with her.

Um, no.

But she had planted that seed somewhere in the back of my mind. Never mind that I swore I would NEVER run the Cape. Never mind the visions of all the strong PRC runners I've witnessed struggle up the Munn Mile, looking like death. Never mind that it's promoted as the HARDEST and TOUGHEST race in Northeastern America.

I should never have checked my messages after the movie. Lori had sent a screen shot of her registration confirmation. I checked with Sugar to make sure he had registered and casually mentioned that "Lori wants me to run the C2C with her." "Do it," was his response. No doubts there.

It's probably sold out by now. It sells out fast. I'll just log in and then I'll know for sure that it's sold out and I have a good excuse.

24 spots left. 





There's no going back now. This brings a whole new meaning to our hill training.

One thing is for certain - if Lori decides she wants to add her first marathon to her list this year, I'm definitely looking for new friends.



No comments:

Post a Comment